For 20 years, with hard work and a commitment to superior quality, South West Fence & Decks has grown into a leader of innovative, custom hand-crafted ‘outdoor living’ projects, including decks & porches, pools, covered patios, cabanas, outdoor kitchens, sheds, 3-season rooms, pergolas, gazebos, fences and more.
If you are hard-working, reliable with a good work ethic, appreciate working outdoors and have experience building ‘outdoor living’ projects, then we may have the job for you.
Mail: 1808 London Line, Sarnia, ON N7W 1A1
We are looking for a qualified Landscaper/Labourer to complete hardscape and softscape projects according to drawings/specifications. Your job will entail working outdoors in diverse settings. The ideal candidate will be an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. You will also have good skill and knowledge of landscape materials, stonework, horticulture, working with little supervision, while following all health and safety standards.
Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum 3 years experience on a landscape installation crew preferred
• Good understanding of interpreting landscape drawings, scale and scope including grades/elevations
• Knowledge of landscaping materials, horticulture, water-features, lighting, installation methods, tools & equipment
• Experience in softscaping including: grading, laying sod, preparing garden beds, planting, landscape stone, etc.
• Hardscape installation experience including paving stone/flagstone steps, retaining walls, stone coping, etc.
• Experience in cutting, chipping, laying and jointing stone coping around pools and on top of walls
• Ability to complete trenching and roughing in underground utilities
• Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
• Ability to complete assigned work on time with a high attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and excellent stamina is required
• Ability to work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
• Ability to work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
• Capable of understanding and carrying out verbal and written instructions
• Comply with all company policies and regulations
• Skid steer and mini-excavator experience considered an asset
• Able to take direction well and work in a team environment
• Good communication and time management skills
• Excellent customer service skills to deal with clients
• Good work ethic and must be punctual
Education & Experience
• High school diploma/GED
• Three+ years related experience
• Skid steer and mini-excavator experience
• First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
• WHMIS, Working at Heights, Elevated Lift and other typical safety certifications are considered assets
• Valid 'G' Class driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Physically fit and able to lift up to 60 lb.
• Full-time (50-60 hours per week)
• Benefits package & wages will be negotiated based on relevant experience & qualifications
• Sarnia, ON