For 20 years, with hard work and a commitment to superior quality, South West Fence & Decks has grown into a leader of innovative, custom hand-crafted ‘outdoor living’ projects, including decks & porches, pools, covered patios, cabanas, outdoor kitchens, sheds, 3-season rooms, pergolas, gazebos, fences and more.
If you are hard-working, reliable with a good work ethic, appreciate working outdoors and have experience building ‘outdoor living’ projects, then we may have the job for you.
Mail: 1808 London Line, Sarnia, ON N7W 1A1
We are looking for a qualified Cement Finisher to complete projects according to drawings/specifications. Your
job will entail working outdoors in diverse settings. The ideal candidate will be an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. You will also have good skill and knowledge of cement finishing materials/tools, stamped concrete forms and sealers, working with little supervision, while following all health and safety standards.
Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum 3 years experience on a construction crew preferred
• Good understanding of interpreting drawings, scale and scope
• Knowledge of specific cement finishing materials, methods, tools & equipment including power vibrators
• Experience in desired concrete surfaces by using stamp forms to create desired finish on stamped concrete,
or with a broom by brushing along the top of poured concrete
• Ability to check form-work, granular base, steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms
or onto surfaces according to grade
• Ability to work with hand/power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and cement finishing materials
• Ability to fill hollows and remove spots on freshly-poured cement, and install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills, etc.
• Experience in application of hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
• Ability to handle heavy loads, bending, crouching and kneeling.
• Ability to complete assigned work on time with a high attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment - excellent stamina is required
• Ability to work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
• Ability to work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
• Capable of understanding and carrying out verbal and written instructions
• Comply with all company policies and regulations
• Able to take direction well, work in a team environment, and have good communication and time management skills
• Excellent customer service skills to deal with clients
• Good work ethic and must be punctual
Education & Experience
• High school diploma/GED
• Three+ years related experience
• First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
• WHMIS, Working at Heights, Elevated Lift and other typical safety certifications are considered assets
• Valid 'G' Class driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Physically fit and able to lift up to 60 lb.
• Full-time (50-60 hours per week)
• Benefits package & wages will be negotiated based on relevant experience & qualifications
• Sarnia, ON